Green Sand Iron Casting Cost
As for iron casting products, green sand
molding process is the cheapest production method, so iron casting
costs made by green sand are the lowest comparatively.
Why is the green sand iron casting the cheapest?
1. Green sand is a type of wet clay sand. Wet clay is the bonding
material, and the sand is quartz sand, so all these materials are
cheap and easily available, moreover, all these materials are
2. Molding method is simple and no bake process.
3. Most of iron foundries could use this casting process very well.
How much is the iron casting product made by green sand?
The iron casting prices are also affected by the following factors
besides of sand materials.
1. Cast iron material and grades, such as grey iron or ductile iron,
and their specific grades.
2. The complexity of iron casting design and structures. More
complex will be more expensive.
3. The annual demand quantity. More annual demand will cause the
4. The unit weight. The iron castings lighter and smaller, then
their prices per kg or per pound will be higher.
5. The other requirements, such as coating, packing, sand casting
defects, hardness etc.
Therefore, it is difficult to quote the iron casting prices without
these requirements, however, we can give you an approximate price,
only for reference.
Gray Iron (Green Sand) 1.20 USD/kg
Ductile Iron (Green Sand) 1.31 USD/kg
These prices are FOB China port, so included packing and inland
delivery, but do not include coating, painting, machining costs. The
accurate prices should be quoted only after checking all
As for the latest cast iron prices, please check the website of our