The Problems in Chinese Foundries
The technology level of China's foundry
industry falls behind the developed countries for 20 years, which is
unable to meet the rapid economic development. Casting defect repair
cold welder backward in technology, outdated equipment, high energy
and raw material consumption, serious environmental pollution,
workers’ bad operating environment and other issues have become the
common view in foundry industry.
Especially for the following aspects:
1. The low level of technology and poor quality of castings
(1) large machining allowance, serious energy and raw material
consumption, long processing cycle, low productivity, have become a
bottleneck restricting the development of the industry.
(2) large castings segregation and serious inclusion defects.
(3) serious castings crack problem.
(4) unreasonable pouring system design.
(5) simulation software were not widely used.
(6) ordinary castings has excess production ability, high precision
castings manufacturing is still difficult, and the core technology
and key products are still dependent on imports.
2. high energy and raw material consumption.
The total energy consumption of China's foundry industry accounts
for 25% - 30% in machinery industry, the rate of average energy
utilization is 17%, and the energy consumption is about 2 times than
the casting developed countries. According to statistics, the
materials and energy input of Casting defect repair cold welder in
the casting process is about 55% - 70%, China casting gross weight
is higher than the foreign by 10% -20%, and the steel casting
manufacture rate is 55% in China, but up to 70% abroad.
3. serious environment pollution, and difficult operating
In addition to a few large enterprises such as China FAW Group,
which own sophisticated production equipment, advanced casting
technology, and sound environment protection measures, most iron
foundries have obsolete production equipments and technology
backward, and rarely take the environmental problem into account.
In 1980s, China government initialed immensely specialization
regulations, and improved the intensive degree for enterprises of
small scale, low level of technology and serious environment
pollution. However, the extensive feature of the casting production
has not been fundamentally changed.
4. shortages of talent
The serious shortage of casting technical talent is the key to
restrict our casting technology development.
Mainly shown as:
(1) The number of technical and management personnel is small, and
the distribution is uneven.
(2) The number of high level personnel is small. The technical
management talent are mostly secondary students and college
students, and rarely graduate students.
(3) The sources of new talent is increasingly difficult. Many
colleges and universities since 1990s no longer set casting
profession, some factory school established by large and medium
enterprises are also declining.