Steel Castings VS Steel Forgings
Steel castings will tend to have the
advantage over equivalent steel forgings, or welding steel works
when any of the following instances occur:
1. An unusual chemistry is required (i.e., a chemistry other than
that which is the norm for steel mills)
2. The part being considered is relatively large or has complex
3. Stresses to be applied to the part are multi-axial.
4. The material call-out is for a high manganese (approximately
13%), work-hardenable steel.
5. Minimal set-up and tooling costs are a factor.
6. Short delivery time for large quantity is the advantage compared
with welding parts.
The followings are the steel castings
parts made by lost was investment casting process and sand casting
process by Dandong Foundry in China.